29 Jun Takeaways From the Google Automotive Partner Summit
Google recently held an Automotive Partner Summit at its offices in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and invited members of Force Marketing’s leadership team to join in for a day packed full of informative presentations and panels. It was the first summit of its kind, and a select number of agencies and marketing companies were among the attendees.
Below, find just a few of the insightful stats, facts, tips and trends that the Google team shared with the Force Marketing team in Ann Arbor:
- There are more than 20,300 automotive searches conducted on Google per minute.
- The average person checks their mobile phone 150 times per day.
- 70% of automotive searches are conducted on mobile, and 41% of consumers say that mobile was their primary research device.
- 95% of auto buyers use digital in the car-shopping process– two times the usage of TV or any other traditional media.
- 69% of shoppers use online sources to learn about the dealership from which they eventually purchase.
- 58% of car-shoppers studied used their mobile phones in the process– and 90% of them took a dealer-related action on their phone.
- 78% of shoppers relied on Search in the research process– in fact, Search ads were the #1 ad format to learn, compare and decide.
- 96% of video viewers watched video of the brand they ended up purchasing– and 84% of them watched an automotive online video that was more than 3 minutes long.
- YouTube reaches more auto shoppers than any cable network in the U.S.
- Auto shoppers rank YouTube as the #1 source for automotive video research, with more than 4 million daily views on in-market auto content.
Mobile and digital sources continue to become more and more impactful on automotive researchers, and it’s critical that your dealership is present and visible on these platforms. As a Premier Google Partner, the team at Force Marketing works closely with Google on beta programs, brand new strategies, and best practices that help connect Force’s dealer partners with car-shoppers. To learn more about how the digital marketing team at Force can help your dealership succeed, contact us today!